Kajabi is one of the original funnel building solutions and, at times, one of the best. How does it compare to the long list of funnel builders today?
Kajabi is a sales funnel and website builder created by Kenny Rueter and Travis Rosser in 2010. In addition to the funnel and website builder, Kajabi’s primary focus is to provide businesses with a platform to sell online courses, membership sites, and coaching programs.
If you are looking to sell an online course, is Kajabi the right solution for you? Let’s dive a little deeper to find out.
What is Kajabi?
Kajabi is an online course focused funnel builder. It is designed to make the funnel building process as simple as possible so you can spend your time focusing on building and adding to your online course and membership site.
Overall the features are the basics, the core tools you need to build your funnel: very few bells and whistles.
Features of Kajabi include:
- Products – This is what Kajabi is most popular for. This platform allows businesses a great platform to host online courses and membership sites.
- Landing Page Builder – Kajabi offers a straightforward landing page builder. You select the template that fits your business, and you fill out the text and colors.
- Websites – Similar to the funnel builder, the website feature
- Built-In Email Autoresponder – Kajabi has a built-in autoresponder allowing you to be great the perfect email sequences to go along with your funnel and course.
- Pipelines – This feature allows you to put everything together into a fully automated sales funnel. To make things easy for you, they provide ready to use playbooks.
- Detailed Analytics – Data alone isn’t enough to grow your business. Kajabi gives you the right metrics, organized in web analytics dashboards you’ll actually use.
- Payment Integrations – Kajabi integrates with some of the 3rd part apps like Paypal and Stripe.
As you can see from this feature list, Kajabi focuses on the basics and does the basics well!
Kajabi offers a full 14-day free trial that will allow new users plenty of time to test out the features. Once the trial ends, Kajabi offers three different prices and plans; Basic at $149 per month, Grown plan at $199, and Pro plan for $399. These packages are all comparable to other funnel building solutions.
Here is the breakdown:
- Price – $149 Per Month ($119 when paying Annually)
- Pipelines – 3
- Products -3
- Pages – Unlimited
- Contacts – 10,000
- Active Members – 1,000
- Websites – 1
- Admins – 1
- Includes: Kajabi University, Webinars, Templates, Quizzes and Surveys
- Price – $199 Per Month ($159 when paying Annually)
- Pipelines – 15
- Products -15
- Pages – Unlimited
- Contacts – 25,000
- Active Members – 10,000
- Websites – 1
- Admins – 10
- Includes: Everything in the basic plan, Advanced Automations, Ability to Remove Kajabi Branding and Affiliate Program
- Price – $399 Per Month ($319 when paying Annually)
- Pipelines – 100
- Products -100
- Pages – Unlimited
- Contacts – 100,000
- Active Members – 20,000
- Websites – 3
- Admins – 25
- Includes: Everything in Growth plan and Code Editor Access
Overall we think that Kajabi is great if your business focuses on online courses.
Cickfunnels is the most comparable alternative for Kajabi when it comes to online courses and members sites. Other Kajabi alternatives include Instapage, FastFunnels, and a WordPress option called Thrive.
Clickfunnels offers the most comparable since it offers an outstanding membership and course solutions. Combine that with a much better editor, community, training, and overall package make Clickfunnels an overall better solution.
If you are looking for an alternative to Kajabi, try the Clickfunnels 14-day trials, you won’t be disappointed!
If you are looking for an alternative for just sales funnels, Instapage is the best option. The landing page and website editor is a pure drag and drop editor. It’s simple to use and allows you to customize your funnels much more than Kajabi does.
The only downside of Instapage is that it doesn’t have a managership site feature, and the pricing model is terrible once you exceed the Business level limits.
Based on our testing, FastFunnels features are similar to Instapage. They have the best pricing model of all the alternative SAAS solutions that we recommend, and page loading time is FAST!
The challenge with Fastfunnels is that they are new and unproven.
Thrive is a different type of alternative. It’s not a SAAS solution like the others. It’s a WordPress solution where you provide the hosting and setup. The setup and customization can be more technical than the other solutions, so there is a much bigger learning curve.
But if you need a highly customizable and cheap ($50 per year), this is the Kajabi alternative for you.
Here are a few questions that we get when asked about Kajabi.
Is it really a free trial?
Yes! Kajabi offers a 14-day free trial that allows you to test all of the membership, builder, and email features.
What if I want to cancel?
Yes, you can cancel at any time!
Can I use my own domain?
Yes, you can choose their free subdomain or use a custom domain that is your company. Both are very easy to setup. They also offer free SSL certs for the custom domains.
Do I need a separate hosting account?
No. All Kajabi plans include secure, unlimited hosting for your digital content. Kajabi uses the best servers and networks to ensure your site is reliable and fast.
Does Kajabi Have An Affiliate Program??
Yes, Like every other SAAS company out there, Kajabi has an affiliate program. Approved affiliates earn a 30% recurring commission for the lifetime of a new Kajabi client.
Summary – Is Kajabi Worth The Price for this Membership Site Platform?
Kajabi is a good option if your business is purely focused on a membership site or online course sales. But the page editor, pipeline feature, and email service is lacking compared to other options. The simplified approach can be good for the beginning stage of a business, but you will grow out of it and need the ability to customize it more very quickly.
We believe Clickfunnels is a much better option, both short term and for your company’s long-term growth. Clickfunnels has all of the membership site features that Kajabi has but is way more customizable and flexible for both small businesses and large. They also offer a 14-day trial so that you can compare the two!
If you would rather focus on your business and leave that funnel building to the experts, we are here for you! Schedule a strategy session with us, and we can’t help you monetize and build your business!